How Can I Tell if My Kid is in a Gang?
- If you are afraid that your kid is in a gang, he/she probably is.
It is better to try to protect a kid who doesn't need it
than to bury a kid who tried to hide the truth from his parents.
- Does he/she have tattoos of something that looks like a gang name or insignia?
- Does he/she have extra money sometimes and try to explain it with stories you have trouble believing?
- Do you notice changes in wardrobe, attitude, and tastes in music and cars?
- Does he/she collect bandanas of a paticular color and favor that color in his clothes?
- Does he/she go out late at night sometimes, or not come home for several days?
- Is he/she getting in a lot more fights?
- Is he/she doing worse at school and "ditching" school from time to time?